Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Lead, coach & develop production team
- Enforce safety, environmental and company devised policies and procedures
- Over see optimal use of assets and labour
- Planning and budgeting
- College diploma in business or agriculture an asset
- 8-10 years' experience in farming and agriculture
- Strong knowledge of laws that apply to farming operations and safety regulations
- Good understanding of industry practices and standards
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent observation and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven planning and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to think critically.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Ability to assign and delegate work, answer questions and evaluate results of performance
- Strong people management experience, preferably with both local and international workers (>20 direct reports)
- Experience dealing with people, employment law and human resource issues
- Possesses ethical values and strong integrity
- Ability to build working relations with other managers and owners of adjoining fields
- Creative self- starter with ability to lead and motivate others
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Computer literacy, including some working skills of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook · Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Proven budget management skills (up to 3 million).
- Experience predicting labour cost information for overall budgets.
- Experience with safe operation of farm machinery.
- Knowledge of crop distribution systems.
- Attitude of continuous learning, with application to business
- Mechanical aptitude; some mechanical ability
- Knowledge of turf products an asset
- Experience overseeing safety programs.
- Bilingual English/Spanish an asset.
- Communication Skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Client Focused
- Committed to self-improvement
- Problem Solving
- Team Building
- Creativity & Innovation
- Technical Credibility
Manderley offers a competitive wage based on experience, plus incentive.
If you’re a flexible progressive leader that enjoys the outdoors and thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
At Manderley we are a Team. We support one another and work together to succeed.