Duties and Job Description:
• Responsible for planning, organizing, communicating and coordinating daily farm activities on 5,000 acres of crop land.
• Supervise staff of 30+ full time, part time and seasonal farm employees.
• Assistant Farm Boss will communicate directly with the Farm Boss about the needed responsibilities and status of work on the Farm.
• In the absence of the Farm Boss the Assistant Farm Boss will communicate the duties required for the day and the week daily with the other Employees of the Farm, mentoring and monitoring staff as needed.
• Assistant Farm Boss will stay informed on new production practices and technologies relevant to the farm business and participate in continued Ag related training.
• Assistant Farm Boss will give positive feedback and or correction as needed to other Employees.
• Assistant Farm Boss will be responsible for implementing a farm health and safety program including new hire orientations and training.
• The Assistant Farm Boss will complete or delegate any required duties of the property, included coordinating and supervising various farm construction projects.
• Assistant Farm Boss will direct and coordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, fertilizing, harvesting, and feeding.
• Applicant should have a strong mechanical background and be familiar with operating and maintaining large farm equipment and implements.
Applicants should have:
• 10 + years hands on farm experience
• Proven supervisory experience
• Strong mechanical ability
• Technical skills / Precision Ag knowledge
• Class 1 drivers license preferred.