- The General Manager will ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day and long-term management of the museum, its programs, staff, volunteers and facilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is directly accountable to the Board of Directors
- Is a member of all standing and ad-hoc committees
- To oversee the work of all paid full-time and part-time employees, and volunteers
- Is responsible for ensuring the security of all buildings and equipment
- To oversee the welcoming and accommodation of visitors, the collection of fees as necessary and the taking of bookings for private functions and tours
- To use the appropriate available media to promote museum events, activities and programs; and to ensure that all literature, social media sites, etc. are up-to-date and available to appropriate parties
- To maintain and foster positive working relations with tourism agencies, neighboring museums and museum organizations
- To report to the Board at their regular Monthly Meeting, or more often if required, regarding the condition of buildings and equipment, and the overall operations of the museum, including such things as staffing/volunteer matters, number of visitors, and major renovations or repairs that have been made or that need to be done
- Is prepared to work flexible hours as required
- To perform other duties and projects, as required.
- Preference given to local applicants.
- Partial, or completed, post-secondary education in business management; equivalent experience will be considered
- General office computer skills
- Experience working with the public and volunteers
- Supervisory experience
- CPR and First Aid Certification (training could be available)
- Valid driver’s license
- Agricultural background and/or museum experience would be an asset
- Social Media experience an asset
Send applications via email or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option for camping on site. We are also looking for Camp Hosts to stay with us for the season so this could be included in this position.