The Primary Responsibilities of Nutrition Technician & Business Analyst:
- Day to day involvement to
- Assist the nutritionist to monitor nutrition protocols for all classes of cattle with a focus on growing and finishing cattle.
- Make monthly feedlot visits and generate evaluation reports
- Assess quality control protocols
- Collect feed samples and manage feed analysis and data
- Collect and summarize animal and feedlot data
- Learn and be able to trouble shoot feedlot management computer programs
- Collect and analyze pricing of feedlot inputs by competing vendors
- Assist with education of feedlot employees on nutrition, bunk management and food safety.
- Proactively identify feedlot challenges and provide solutions.
- A “hands on approach” to cattle and nutrition management including regularly scheduled visits to all 11 yards.
- Evaluate procurement pricing.
- Other Feedlot Duties as required
The ideal candidate should have the following Education, Qualifications and Experience.
- The ability to lead discussions and meetings.
- Involvement in setting up and monitoring trials and their results
- Training and teaching capabilities is a definite asset.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have either a Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or Business-related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
Think you have what it takes? Would you like to be considered for this opportunity?
Please submit resume to Human Resources:
Ashley Frank, Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org For additional information please phone 403-345-4301
Candidates should have Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency