- Monitor herd health
- Build and maintain pasture fences
- Check herd health (pen checking, treating) in backgrounding lot
- Maintain water systems (summer pasture, winter solar systems, etc.)
- Monitor pasture stage and health
- Responsible for sorting and movement of livestock
- Coordinate placement of feed for bale grazing (spring calving, winter feeding, etc.)
- Monitor Calving and assist with calving
- Coordinate and implement summer branding and vaccinating program and activities
- Implement fall weaning including vaccinating calves, pregnancy testing, culling, vaccinating cows
- Implementation of feeding plans for cows, calves, bulls
Grain Supervisory Duties
- Operate planting and harvesting equipment with farm labourers
- Supervise and oversee growing and other crop-related operations
- Supervise grain farm workers
- Oversee growing of silage crops
- Oversee growing of small grains and oilseed crops (such as wheat, barley, oats, canola).
Wages and Benefits
- Hourly wage of CAD $23.10 per hour.
- Increases possible based on performance and competence
- At least 40 hours per week
- Weekend work and evening will be required (especially in calving, planting and harvesting season
- Post Secondary education in agriculture, mechanics, or related fields is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work with cattle
- Ability to operate and complete basic regular maintenance on farm equipment such as combines, planters, sprayers, tractors, and balers. These are not duties associated with a mechanic but basic operator maintenance such as checking oil levels, water levels, grease points, replace sickles when needed.
- Class 1A licence is desirable
Please send resumes and 3 references with regular mail to
F&F Hudon Farms Ltd., Box 84, Rosser, MB
R0H 1E0 OR e-mail to: email@example.com
Please do not apply without references.
References will be called.
Please follow the method of instruction closely as this also is a test for applicants to determine if they can follow instructions.