- Strong knowledge of forage harvesting, planned grazing, silage management and cattle feeding protocols
- Relevant experience in all aspects of cattle management including processing, calving, low stress handling, health management including diagnosing and treating health issues
- Capability in staff management
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and skill utilizing data management tools (eg. specific experience with Herdtrax, MaiaGrazing, and GoogleEarth would be an asset)
- Working knowledge of machinery and maintenance, electric fencing, farm and shop tools
- Excellent English communication, organization, decision-making and time management skills
- Team player with high degree of personal integrity, able to work well with owners, management and staff
The salary and benefits package will be commensurate with the experience and education of the successful candidate. On-ranch housing will be provided. Candidates must be comfortable living in a rural area and small community setting.