The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for livestock forage harvesting, including designing and implementing a coordinated silage harvesting and grazing system. The incumbent will be expected to oversee and track forage production, quality, and utilization using appropriate data collection and management tools. This position includes development and maintenance of purpose-built infrastructure and equipment as well as other ranch equipment, vehicles, water and fencing infrastructure, in addition to supervision of related operational staff. Strong management skills and the capability to implement efficient and innovative strategies in a large, foragebased background-yearling and cow-calf operation are essential.
• Team player with high degree of personal integrity, able to work well with owners, management and staff
• Strong knowledge of forage harvesting, planned grazing, silage management and cattle feeding protocols
• Excellent English communication, organization, decision-making and time management skills
• Proven capability in staff management
• Working knowledge of machinery and maintenance, electric fencing, farm and shop tools
• Relevant experience in cattle management (including processing, calving, low stress handling, herd health management etc.) is highly beneficial, but not necessarily essential
• Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and skill utilizing data management tools (eg. specific experience with, MaiaGrazing, GoogleEarth and Herdtrax would be an asset)
This is a full-time position with the salary and benefits package to be commensurate with the experience and education of the successful candidate. On-ranch housing will be provided. Candidates must be comfortable living in a rural area and small community setting, but larger centers (including West Edmonton) are within an hour’s drive.
REFERENCES: Must be available and provided on request.
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org