- Inspect crop and field to determine maturity, yield, work requirements, such as cultivating, weeding, or harvesting.
- Direct and assist in repair and proper working of machines and equipment used in the farms.
- Help and supervise general farm worker's day to day activities.
- Assess, suggest and help in the implementation of work procedures which are beneficial for the business.
- Oversee sorting & overall handling of produce to ensure highest possible quality of products.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are always followed by all workers.
- Supervise and co-ordinate work of other farm workers and labourers and oversee activities like crop maintenance & harvesting.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the management.
- Make work schedules and establish procedures, train employees on work site.
- Evaluate weather and soil conditions.
- Supervise and oversee growing crop-related operations.
- Ensure that the safety procedures are followed by all farm workers and by everyone attending the Farm worksite.
- Plans and supervises the planting, cultivating, harvesting, and storing of field and garden crops on large and complex institutional farms.
- Create work schedules.
- Prepare schedule and establish safety procedures.
- Must be able to complete routine maintenance on farm equipment
- Must have crop cultivating experience
- Must be able to perform the duties listed above
- Excellent ability to work with people
- Valid driver's license
- Fluent in English
How to apply:
Please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three references
- A motivation letter in which you explain why you would be a suitable applicant