Job Posted March6, 2023
Number of Vacancies:
Job Posting Length:
Canadian Workers or Permanent Residents
Farm & Feedlot
City: Bow Island
Male or Female
South Island Farms
$20.00 – $24.00
Dependent on Experience
Rental Housing can be found in the area.
Driver’s License (required):
5 (class #3 or #1 an asset)
2-5 years but willing to train in some areas.
Beef Cattle on the Farm
Cultivators, Seeding, spraying, Harvesting, tractors Loader, skidsteer, augers etc.
We are a family owned custom feedlot and farm in Bow Island, Alberta seeking an experienced, knowledgeable and skilled FARM HAND. Are you professional, positive, reliable, responsible, respectful, and all around great team player? Are you hard working and have an overall awesome work ethic? Are you able to keep calm, cool and collected while thriving in a fast paced work environment?
Are you great with farm equipment like a tandem or semi truck? Do you have a Class 1 or 3? Do you have experience running other farm equipment from combines to grain carts to swathers to trucking? Or working on a feedlot being a feedtruck driver or general feedlot hand?
Then we want to hear from you! Two positions are available. Apply to be part of our team with good wages, health benefits (and other pluses) today! For a more comprehensive job description and to apply, email your resume – we’d love to hear from you!
(**Pay will be based on skill level and years of experience.)
Reporting directly to the MANAGER, the job of the FARM HAND II is to drive and control farm equipment in a safe, productive and efficient manner to cultivate, seed, plant, spray and harvest; using the START UP AND SHUT DOWN PROTOCOLS for each piece of equipment. In addition, the FARM HAND II must also ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, always looking and functioning at its best and that all issues and potential issues are brought forward to the FARM MANAGER. While these are the primary duties of the FARM HAND II, there are additional stationary tasks such as maintenance of the shops, farm, feedlot, other equipment and vehicles that are also part of this position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
This is an outside position and maintenance duties will include, but are not limited to:
– trucking; hauling bales, grain, etc.
– cultivating, seeding, planting, spraying, harvesting and the operating of each tractor and implement
– fill, empty and clean sprayer, planter and seeder
– operate and move augers/fill, empty and clean bins
– driving of grain and water trucks
– operating loader and skidsteer
– cleaning manure out of pens/hauling manure (those with class 3 or class 1 license)
– fixing fences, boards, roads, and pens
– general maintenance of feedlot and yard/vehicles and equipment/shop/barns
– operating tractor to do bedding
– general maintenance and cleaning of shops
– being the ‘go to person’ when an extra hand is needed in various areas on the farm
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
– 2-5 years of experience is ideal, but we will train the right candidate
– being physical coordinated
– possess solid decision-making ability
– have a general mechanical aptitude
– possess good driving skills
– have a solid work ethic
– always demonstrate a positive attitude
– Class 5 required; Class 1 and Class 3 is an asset
We thank all candidates in advance for applying. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate: Bow Island, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application question(s): Do you enjoy working outside?
Send inquiries or resumes via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume for this job posting. Copy and paste your resume below.