Applicant must have the following qualities:
- Initiative: knowing how to get the job done. You are the sort of person who sees something that needs fixing, and you go and pull out your tools and fix it.
- Efficiency: You like to focus and get on with your work, you can complete a job quickly.
- Sensible: You take safety seriously, your mom doesn’t need to tell you to wear ear and eye protection.
- Stalwart: You can work for 8 hours in our winter outside and maintain your farming enthusiasm.
- You love the smell of chicken crap: That’s how we know you love farming as much as we do!
Applicant must have the following:
Farming or trades experience - Please provide three references related to this area, we will call them!
Clean Criminal Record Check – We have kids and international volunteers around here.
Driver’s Licences – If you need a part, or we need to get feed, you can go pick it up.
Lockwood farms is an English Speaking Workplace.
- Decent pay
- Work out-doors with your hands
- Work with a family, and many young international volunteers. The work environment is continually changing from co-workers to seasons.
- Opportunity to learn about all aspects of farming, we are a great place to launch your farming career.
A bit about us
Lockwood Famers produces eggs, and some broiler chickens. Our products are primarily sold through farmer’s markets in the Cowichan Valley and Victoria area. Our produce is organically grown (not certified), and our focus is on efficiency and higher production while not comprising our values of sustainability, organic practices and animal welfare.
Lockwood Farms is primarily run by James and Cammy Lockwood.
Please send a resume and cover letter, or any questions to: email@example.com