Currently seeking person with agronomy background and education
Job Description: Successful applicant will work a minimum of 40 hours/week. Must be able to work more hours during peak seasons. Weekend work will be necessary during peak seasons.
Duties will include:
This job is primarily one that is working with crops and operating equipment.
The first priority is to operate the sprayer on our 2000 hectare farm.
1) to load the sprayer with water and the correct amount of herbicide
2)to record weather conditions and check the rates of application with the farm manger or agronomist
3) to operate the sprayer and apply it to the land
4) to record the details after finishing each field
5) Maintenance of Sprayer equipment
6) Crop Planning/rotation
7) Ability to scout crops and monitor plant health ie. Disease, pests, nutrition
9) Physical Farm work lifting up to 25 kgs
10)Keeping equipment clean and in good operation.
Winter work could consist of Machinery upkeep, bringing crop to buyers, general help with winterizing equipment. Ideally applicants would have Class # 1 but willing to help obtain class # 1 license. Applicants should be able to communicate in English at minimum, work well with a team and able to work long hours during peak seasons. Wages will be negotiated periodically dependent on performance and ability of applicants.
Send up to date current resume with work references to: email@example.com