- Work independently and as part of our cattle care team for 7 000+ head of feedlot cattle
- Implement full nutrition program (including monitoring and record keeping through Performance Beef)
- Implement processing or breeding programs as required
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Monitor, recognize and treat livestock health problems appropriately.
- Ensure pen by pen performance records, treatment records, loss records and shipping/receiving records are maintained.
- Identify livestock for herd groupings, and condition.
- Perform general farm duties and infrastructure repair as needed (Maintaining farm buildings, fences, corrals, cattle handling systems, structures, and equipment, watering systems, feeding equipment, and cattle health treatment equipment).
- Delegate duties to feedlot attendant staff, supervise feedlot attendant staff.
- Responsible for all operations at lot.
- Must have the ability to perform the duties above
- Several years of experience in cattle farming,
- Previous experience as farm supervisor or farm manager.
- Prior knowledge of Performance Beef an asset
- English is the language at the workplace
- Must have a track record of having good relationships within a cattle farm environment, i.e. the people skills must be well established
How to apply:
Please send your resumes and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org