You will be responsible for the:
- well being of cattle including the understanding of subtle signs of illness or distress in cattle, able to pull and treat the cattle
- at times will work with a veterinarian on the care and treatment of cattle
- ability to sort cattle for the purposes of shipping and receiving
- assist with general feedlot maintenance
- processing, implanting and other barn related activities, duties are not limited to the above list
Skills required for this position:
- able to manage time
- interpersonal & communication skills with employees in person, email and text messaging
- able to problem solve with attention to detail
- ability to climb heights and follow safety protocols (bins, grain leg, etc.).
- operating equipment for feeding and bedding cattle.
- basic mathematical skills
Experience for this position:
- Previous experience with Microsoft and SSF Fusion an asset
- Several years experience working with livestock
A valid driver’s license is required and a driver’s abstract will need to be provided.
If you feel this would be an exciting opportunity for you send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org