The General Feedlot Manager generally works 5 days per week, occasionally working on weekends to ensure critical coverage. The Feedlot Manager’s schedule is subject to change suddenly to deal with emergencies at the feedlot. Regular working hours for the General Feedlot Manager are 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM, but could work earlier or later to meet organizational needs. The General Feedlot Manager is exposed to all environmental conditions while working outdoors. This includes, but not limited to exposure to the elements such as sun, wind, rain, snow, hot and cold temperatures. The Feedlot Manager should wear clothing appropriate to the weather conditions each day. The Feedlot Manager will spend a variable amount of time sitting at a desk completing required reporting duties.
EXPECATIONS OF ALL CEYLON GAP FEEDERS INC. EMPLOYEES:
- Take care of cattle first! Every reasonable effort should be made to ensure cattle are happy, healthy and comfortable. If anything is amiss on the feedlot, rectify the situation or report the problem immediately to ensure a low-stress environment is maintained for the cattle.
- Make a good first impression! Feedlots should be well organized and maintained to demonstrate the type of care and consideration we are also provide to the cattle. Do your part to ensure a good first impression and report any problems to your manager immediately.
- We are beef producers and must focus on food safety! Ensure we follow all food safety, veterinary and cattle handling guidelines to eliminate changes of any food contaminationJob Description: General Feedlot Manager
- Attract and keep customers. Keeping our existing customers is priority number one. We can do that by treating their cattle as if they were our own. Our customers trust us with an important investment and we must do everything we can to protect their investment and ensure healthy gains.
- Treat all employees with respect and maintain a positive attitude.
- Communicate with manager about any workplace issues.
- Be flexible and perform duties as workload necessitates.
Applications must be updated resumes including working references and cover letter.
Apply via email to: email@example.com