Primary Responsibilities of Feed Truck Operator:
- Accurately and consistently feed cattle in a timely manner in the same order and same time every day.
- Build rations with accurate and consistent ingredient amounts.
- Follow mixing instructions as per ration sheets (i.e. mixing times, maximum load sizes, etc.).
- Ensure proper feed records are kept to ensure feed additive withdrawal times are adhered to.
- Spread feed evenly across entire bunk and clean any spills to reduce waste.
- Clear bunks of debris, rocks, manure, spoiled feed prior to delivering new feed.
- Clean and maintain tidiness of mill and mill area.
- Report pen maintenance issues or cattle health issues to Feedlot Manager(s) so problems can be rectified as soon as possible.
- Report any feeding errors or discrepancies to Feedlot Manager(s).
- Adhere to the Feed Truck Maintenance Schedule and pre-trip protocols.
- Assist Front End Crew with yard maintenance, cattle moves and processing when required.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High School diploma (preferably)
- Experience working in the Agriculture industry (preferably)
- Experience working on a feedlot (an asset)
- Equipment operation skills & experience - feed truck and other farm equipment
- High attention to detail
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Benefit Plan
- Opportunity to learn and grow your agriculture expertise!
Work will require scheduled weekends on and scheduled holidays arranged with Managers.
How to apply:
Send resumes directly to employer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org