Applicant must be physically fit, willing to perform manual labour around the barns and able to manually handle mature sheep on occasion, as required. Job specific training will be provided. Must be able to work independently and identify tasks and animals that require attention. Experience with livestock is required with preference given to those with specific sheep experience. Will have some flexibility with respect to experience for the right candidate. It is a fulltime permanent position with advancement opportunity for the right candidate as the farm and flock grows. Rotational weekend work will be required. Some Skid Steer experience would be an asset.
Position is available immediately. Wage dependent on experience and qualifications (Starting at $24-26/hr). Pay raise following a 3 month probationary period.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- assisting with regular feeding and bedding in the sheep barns
- assisting with routine lambing procedures
- processing, tagging, vaccinating and treating of ewes and lambs
- assisting with moving of ewes and lambs within barns and outside corrals
- weighing and sorting of ewes and lambs
- maintaining RFID based animal records
Send applications via email directly to employer at: firstname.lastname@example.org