Applicants must have excellent background in cow husbandry, cattle health, calving and some farming.
General Experience and Duties:
- Must be able to check and work with cattle on foot, quad and horseback.
- Excellent Calving experience
- Keep accurate herd records
- AI experience and certification
- Feeding cattle
- Field Checks
- Herd selection and culling
- Semen Testing
- Cesarean experience
- Genetic testing experience
- Field equipment operation and knowledge
- Irrigation management - Pivots and Reel Guns - Prefer to have Pivot Safety Experience training
- Land Preparation
Please note that the ranch is in a fairly remote area and applicants (and/or families) should be comfortable with this. Wages are based on 180 hours of work monthly and hours may vary dependent on the season (more in peak seasons and less in winter) Position available in July 2020.
Applicants should be willing to learn the ranch protocol, ability to work on own or with owner, have a great attitude. Workplace language is English. Wages may be negotiated periodically based on performance of employee.
Please send cover letter on why you are suited and interest in the position along with up to date resume with references.
Send applications to: email@example.com
Position is open in July 2020.